Wednesday 13 April 2011

Evaluation of Trailer Project

Over the past twelve weeks there have been some very steep learning curves that have resulted in producing a piece of work I never thought I would be able to produce. Indeed, there is a lot of room for improvement and it is far from perfect. However, based upon how the project first started, there has been a huge development in my 3D skills and I now appreciate attention to detail more than what I once did.

The elements of the trailer that I think work very well are the biped as he walks and his mesh how it was physiqued. Plus, the explosions in the car chase amongst the scene where he walks and then turns to the camera and then shoots. I like these as it does represent some elements of real life. 

However, due to limited knowledge and skills required to make something very sophisticated it does lack believability. You couldn't look at it and think that is a real person, car or plane in the trailer, it is very obvious that this is not the case. As this is the first attempt at using the program I am very happy with the results. A recommendation for future projects would be to focus more on a smaller scene and add more detail to a small scene. Rather than having many scenes with little detail within them. In this attempt of making a trailer, I believe I have taken the breadth approach, when a better result may have been produced if a depth approach had been adopted instead.

To conclude, it has been a successful project, the trailer was completed on time and it has the theme of James Bond. There is room for improvement but many of the elements combined together display still an effective result.

No comments:

Post a Comment